Friday, March 9, 2012

Cocooning into Platypus


So I'm going to break the ice and skip the whole obligatory introductory post and dive right in.

Last month I got cast into a play called "Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead"; it's basically a show about the Peanuts characters as teenagers and deals with a lot of relevant issues of today's society including: homosexuality, eating disorders, drugs and finding your identity.

I was cast as CB's sister (aka Sally) and although I am super excited for this opportunity, I'm also super nervous. What if I do horrible? What if I'm not a good enough actress? What if my character work is total shit? I dunno, maybe it's because this is my first major role on stage.

I'm sure once I get into costume and on stage with all of my awesome cast members I'll feel better. Theatre is the only place I don't feel like a total freak, because well, theatre kids feed off of freakiness.

We are just a bunch of awesome weirdos.

No comments:

Post a Comment